Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes
by Buffy Owens
I love the simplicity of this recipe. A short list of ingredients makes prep a breeze. Plus, these pancakes keep well for 2-3 days and reheat quickly in a toaster oven. So I always double or triple the recipe so that my efforts can continue to nourish me over the course of a few days.
- Serve with almond butter and strawberries.
- Serve with coconut yogurt and blueberries.
- Top with bacon a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Top with toasted coconut and peaches.
You’ll get best results with this recipe if you use ripe bananas: go for the ones that already have brown spots. You'll also find that making smaller pancakes will give you the best results. The larger ones tend to break apart when they’re flipped. Pile up a big stack of pancakes on your plate, top it all off with some coconut yogurt, berries, and drizzle maple syrup (or honey, if you like), and enjoy!
Gluten-Free Banana Pancake Recipe
Super simple and delightfully sweet Paleo Pancakes! A cozy breakfast for those on a grain-free and/or dairy-free diet.
Makes: 2 Servings
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon (optional)
- Coconut Oil for cooking
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Heat skillet on medium and cook pancakes using ¼ cup of batter per pancake. When bottom is ‘set’, or browned, flip over and cook other side.
- Top with love and enjoy.