Crustless Quiche with Goat Cheese
by Buffy Owens
This quiche is a wonderful way to sneak in some veggies. Plus, it is delicious!
I'm a big fan of the crustless quiche for a variety of reasons. First, it's easy. Second, it works well for those who are gluten-free. Third, and this is true of all quiches, you can bake it once and eat on it for a few meals. Often, I'll prepare my quiche in 4-6 ceramic ramekins. You can buy a set with lids so that you've got some grab-and-go breakfast or lunch options for a few days.
I invite you to use the following recipe for motivation. In general, I add 2-4 cups of chopped and/or grated vegetables. So pick what's in season, in your refrigerator, or the veggies that you like the best.
NOTE: If you choose to do zucchini or summer squash you can simply shred them. If you like broccoli and cauliflower I would suggesting steaming lightly and then crumbling, after cooling. For greens, make sure to give them a quick blanch.
Crustless Quiche with Goat Cheese Recipe
Easy and nutritious! Serve alone for a light dinner or for breakfast, or with a salad or raw veggies for lunch at work.
Makes: Serves 4-6
- 7 Large Eggs
- 1 large leek
- 1 Zuccini, grated
- 1 Cup Kale, chopped
- 1 Cup Spinach, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Onion
- 1/4 milk (dairy or nut)
- 2 Ounces Soft Goat Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs or Ground Almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Dried Terragon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Groung Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Slice the white and light green parts of the leek 1/2 inch thick. Boil 4 cups of salted water and add leeks. Boil 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add spinach and kale. Set aside for 30 minutes for greens to wilt and soften. Drain, rinse with cold water, squeeze out the water, and set aside.
- While the greens are wilting, shredd the onion.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, tarragon, and basil.
- Add in the onion, bread crumbs, veggies, and goat cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes in a lightly greased dish of your choice.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!