Pregnancy is a powerful time! The life within you grows and develops as it begins to interact with itself and its environment—your womb. And as the mother-to-be, your body and mind go through a tremendous amount of changes.
At a physical level the belly is expanding, the bones of the pelvis and ribs are widening, the organs are moving and of course, there is weight gain. At a mental level your brain is responding to a radical shift in hormones and is already preparing you for the psychological and emotional changes necessary to be a thriving, loving mother. Feldenkrais can help you find greater comfort and confidence as you move through your pregnancy and into motherhood.
- Greater strength & control of the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles
- Improved mobility, posture and comfort during pregnancy
- The ability to move intuitively and rest fully for an easier labor
- A deeper sense of trust in your innate capacity to give birth and to mother
- A rapid return to healthy posture after delivery
- A closer bond with your baby from womb to world
- Confidence in understanding when your infant is learning, and the skills necessary to enhance her innate ability to learn organically.